This event has ended. Please contact organizer for more details.
Join TiE New York for its monthly Mentorship Session on Tuesday, January 18, 2022 featuring Ashu Swami.
Ashu recently joined as CTO of Marathon Digital Holdings from another mining company, Core Scientific, where he served as the CPO since Feb 2021. Prior to that, from Jan 2019 to Feb 2021, he was the CTO of Apifiny, a hybrid CEX and DEX crypto exchange. Previously, from Jan 2016 to Dec 2018, Ashu headed a SPV of Quadeye Securities which pioneered and traded Mining Swaps and operated cloud mining data centers. From May 2013 to Dec 2015, he founded LocalPad, a p2p marketplace and payments plugin that provided ebay-in-a-box like functionality to large blogs to monetize their user base. Prior to that, from May 2007 to Apr 2013, Ashu was a Portfolio Manager and led the high frequency market-making business at Morgan Stanley Program Trading to become a top 5 market maker in US ETFs. Previously, since May 2002, Ashu spent over 4 years as a Sr Component Designer and then Tech Lead in Intel's Enterprise Platforms Group. Ashu holds a BTech in CSE from IIT Bombay, and M.B.A. from Duke University.
What we'll discuss:
What the new blockchain and crypto phenomenon means to to startups touching on Defi, NFT, and your view of where this sector is headed.
The Mentoring Program is absolutely free, and is available to all TiE NY Active Members. To register, visit the link on our site or click the button below. All confirmed registrants will receive the Zoom meeting information via email within 24 hours of the start time. We hope you can join us!
About the Mentor Program
Our mentoring program provides one-on-one guidance to budding entrepreneurs by assessing their needs and matching them with TiE Charter Members who are seasoned entrepreneurs, executives and functional experts across different industries. Whether you are looking to jump into entrepreneurship as a recent college graduate or a mid-level corporate professional, or are in the middle of your startup journey and need help to take your startup to the next level, our highly committed Charter Members are available to provide you the necessary guidance. Mentees can benefit from "Flash Mentoring," where they meet an assigned mentor for some one-time advise mentees need in a particular area, or from "Ongoing Mentoring," where mentees meet on a regular basis to get guidance on a wide range of topics from their assigned mentors.
The Mentoring Program is absolutely free, and is available to all TiE NY Members.
How Does The TiE NY Mentoring Program Works?
Our Mentoring Program is driven by Mentees. They work with the TiE Mentoring Committee to explain their requirements, identify their Mentors, coordinate with their assigned Mentors to schedule their one-time or ongoing meetings, and keep the Committee up-to-date on their evolving needs and any required changes they wish to make on their mentoring arrangement.
In order to get started, we suggest the following steps to new Mentees:
1) Attend our monthly mentoring event that is typically held every third Tuesday of the month.
2) Use the event to learn more about our Mentoring program and network/socialize with various TiE NY Charter & Board Members, other Mentees and the broader TiE NY community.
3) At the event, explain our Mentoring Committee members about your needs, and identify and meet, if possible, a potential Mentor available in attendance during the event.
3) If you did not meet any potential Mentor who is a fit for your needs during the event, our Mentoring Committee will identify someone from our broader Charter Member community and introduce you to that Mentor.
4) Coordinate directly with the Mentor to schedule your mentoring meetings.
5) Keep the Mentoring Committee updated about your ongoing mentoring with your assigned Mentor.
6) If and when you need to change your mentor for whatever reason, please inform the Mentoring Committee and you will be assigned a new Mentor.
7) Attend our monthly Mentoring events, which provide you valuable learning opportunities from expert speakers on various topics and other fellow entrepreneurs and mentees. Topics covered in past events include: How to Best Benefit from Mentoring, Finding the Product-Market Fit, Legal Issues Facing Entrepreneurs, etc.
If you are interested in becoming a mentee or mentor please register to attend the next event so we can get to know you and fill out the appropriate mentor or mentee intake form for us here.
About our Mentors
Our mentors are committed volunteers whose primary goal is giving back to the community. They also realize that the mentoring process can help them maybe as much as it helps the mentees they are advising. These volunteers are seasoned entrepreneurs, executives and functional experts across different industries. They have agreed to volunteer up-to four hours per month of their time in order to help budding entrepreneurs within the TiE NY community.
Craig & Sab