Entrepreneurship Simplified: From Idea to IPO

Entrepreneurship Simplified: From Idea to IPO

There is an entrepreneurial boom in the world, but the failure rates of new start-ups remain alarmingly higher at around 70% globally. A very large portion of the remaining 30% start-ups also fail to scale and drift on with sub-optimal operations. This talk covers fundamentals which, if executed properly, will lead to improving the probability of the success of the venture. the talk would cover:

  • Idea generation and validation
  • Mission, Vision, Values, and Culture
  • Funding your venture
  • Winning with Venture Capitalist
  • Building your organization
  • Business and Marketing Strategy
  • IPO/Strategic scale
  • Wealth creation and sharing

Speaker: Ashok Soota

Ashok Soota, Executive Chairman Happiest Minds, is widely recognized as one of the pioneering leaders of the Indian IT industry. Happiest Minds is a Digital Transformation company with business lines of Product Engineering Services, Digital Solutions andInfrastructure & Security.
Ashok was also Founding Chairman & MD of MindTree, a company he led to a very successful IPO. Prior to MindTree, he led Wipro’s IT business for fifteen years.  He also led the turnaround of Shriram Refrigeration into a highly profitable company after 4 straight years of losses.
Ashok has been the President of leading industry associations like Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), a member of the Prime Minister’s Task Force for IT and on the Advisory Council for the World Intellectual Property Organization, Geneva.  He is a Fellow of INAE and CSI and on the Board of Governors of Asian Institute Management (AIM), Philippines.  He is a recipient of multiple IT Person of the year and Lifetime achievements awards.
Ashok’s philanthropic contributions are channeled through Ashirvadam, a Trust he has created for environmental protection and helps for the needy including vocational training, education, and medical assistance. Ashok is a co-author of the international bestseller – “Entrepreneurship Simplified”.


6:30 pm: Registration & Networking
  7:00 pm: Welcome note by the Head of Campus, SP Jain.
7:10 pm: Introduction of the speaker by Mr. Parminder Singh, Chief Commercial and Digital Officer- Mediacorp Pte Ltd, TiE Charter Member
7:20 pm - 8:20 pm: Talk
8:20 pm - 8:45 pm: Q & A 


Free for Members, $20 for Non-members


Feb 26, 2019
06:30 PM - 08:45 PM (Asia/Singapore)
SP Jain Schoool of Global Management,,  10 Hyderabad Road, Off Alexandra Road,

This event has ended. Please contact organizer for more details.

Report Issues

Organiser : TiE Singapore

TiE Singapore & SP Jain School of Management

TiE is powered by Explara. Explara uses cookies to enhance your experience. By using our site, you agree to our privacy policy.

Entrepreneurship Simplified: From Idea to IPO

Ask Organiser

Report spam or issues